Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Say Hello To My Little Friend!

I bought a Fuji X100 about 2 weeks ago. It's physical presence evokes memories from days gone by and the wonderful little pocketable rangefinders that erupted in the market in the 60's and 70's.  More recently the Leica M8 and M9 are digital rangefinders with full-format sized sensors. But their worth is way out of my affordable price range. This little gem is affordable ($1200 CND)  and has a decent sized ASP-C sized sensor. Hopefully my experience with Pentax DSLR's will assist me in using this wonderful new tool.
 I bought a few accessories from Ebay and Lensmate . The official Fuji X100 case cost $130 but this Oriental knock-off was a mere $20 shipped to my door. There are a few more goodies to arrive but at least I can pocket the camera without fear of scratching  or otherwise damaging it.

Now I need to take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment